Podcast: Play in new window | Download
On this episode, I get to sit down with Chris Spurvey, President of Chris Spurvey Sales Consulting and author of It’s Time to Sell: Cultivating the Sales Mindset. Listen in as we dig deeper into the topic of sales, what it means to cultivate a sales mindset, and learn from Chris’s personal story.
- Chris’s origin story and entrepreneurial journey including the moment he realized that most people were not approaching sales with the same energy and joy as he was
- The specific angle he decided to take when writing his book in a crowded market (and the lessons you can learn from it when it comes to sharing your own ideas)
- The best job you can take to build your entrepreneurial skills (and why it’s so important to explore that type of job)
- Why a narrative is so powerful when it comes to sharing your story
- The main thing you must master before you even get on the phone with anyone to sell something
- The starting place for any salesperson when it comes to mindset
- How to reframe your relationship with money
- The surprising truth about where self-motivation comes from (and what you need to do to get the momentum you need to move forward)
- How Chris pulled himself out of bankruptcy
- The two ways to change
- How to “pivot” your way to success
- What it means to be version 8.0 of yourself (and what you need to do to make it happen)
- One of the most powerful tools you have when it comes to making a real change in your life
- Chris’s advice for building your network and what you are always one conversation away from
- How Chris managed to avoid the giver’s fix trap and what he does rather than “close”
- Chris’s perspective on free advice and what you need to make people aware of before you dispense it
- How to go value-based vs. price-based when it comes to your pricing and the “super model” secret to pushing your limits
- And much more!
Chris Spurvey spearheaded the growth of a Newfoundland-based IT consulting company (Plato Consulting) to the point it was acquired by one of the largest management consulting firms in the world (KPMG). In the process, he sold over $300 million in consulting services. Following the acquisition, Chris turned his focus to helping business leaders find a way to grow revenue in a consistent, stress-free manner. He published It’s Time to Sell: Cultivating the Sales Mindset, founded Make Sales a Habit University, and today is a growth advisor to business owners and their management teams throughout North America.
Mentioned in this episode:
Learn more about Chris Spurvey:
Learn more about Michael Roderick: