Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode, I sit down with Priscilla McKinney, CEO and resident Mama Bird at Little Bird Marketing. Listen in as we discuss the changing landscape of content, entrepreneurship, and the many ways marketing is defined.
- The origin of the “Mama Bird” title and the natural disaster that led to Priscilla’s company’s rebrand
- How Priscilla got a very expensive education on a very low budget and what she did to work her way through college
- The conversations that helped her discover her true gifts
- How digital marketing has changed the culture (and what we should do now)
- What sex and marketing have in common
- The S.O.A.R. methodology and what you need to start with so you stop getting stuck
- Why you should never put pressure on people (and what you need to put pressure on instead)
- The question you absolutely need to ask when hiring an agency that will help you avoid disappointment
- Priscilla’s curating process and how she deals with inbound requests and avoids coffee meeting hell
- A deeper dive into S.O.A.R. and The Rule of Fifteen
- And much more!
Priscilla McKinney is the CEO and resident Momma Bird who leads a team of creative peeps at Little Bird Marketing. Priscilla is a prolific blogger and host of Ponderings from the Perch: A Modern Podcast for the Modern Entrepreneur where she discusses the truth about entrepreneurship, marketing best practices, managing creatives, company culture and other marketing oddities.
Priscilla personifies creativity, entrepreneurship and authentic leadership – inspiring others to truly carve out their own path of success in her uniquely funny, no-nonsense and slightly irreverent way.
Mentioned in this episode:
Learn more about Priscilla McKinney:
Learn more about Michael Roderick: